As an organisation that operates on three continents, Genisys Group is committed to embracing diversity and promoting equality of opportunity in all areas of our business.
The Group’s commitment to recognising the importance of diversity extended to all areas of business, including recruitment, talent management, skills enhancement, promotions, career progression, retention of employees, mentoring and coaching programs, flexible work arrangements, succession planning, policies and procedures and training and development.
As an employer, we value diversity within our workforce, are committed to equality and positively benefit from this mindset.
Our goal is to ensure that these commitments, reinforced by our values, are embedded in our day-to-day working practices and our interface with all our customers, colleagues and partners.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, working pattern or political beliefs – or any other grounds.
We will demonstrate our commitment by:
- Promoting equality of opportunity and diversity at all levels with all our staff and partners. The Company considers discrimination as gross misconduct and any member of the Company who discriminates against any other person will be liable for stict disciplinary actions
- Promotions/career progression is based on the merit and contribution to Organisation and no employee will be discriminated based on the caste, creed, religion, nationality
- Appointment through a merit-based recruitment process, whereby skilled resources are attracted from diverse background & retained in roles that maximise their contribution and potential. A fair and effective process for appointment provides an opportunity to access the broadest pool of diverse candidates’ base, in keeping with our commitment to diverse & merit-based appointment.
- Encouraging recruitment of women employees & differently abled groups from groups currently under-represented in the group and their contribution and career progression once employed
- Treating our customers, colleagues and partners fairly and with respect
- Promoting an environment free from discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Recognising and valuing the differences and individual contribution that people make
- Providing support and encouragement to staff to develop their careers and increase their contributions to the Group through the enhancement of their skills and abilities
- Building in legislative requirements and best practice to all our service delivery and employee policies and procedures, and supporting these with appropriate training and guidance
The current policies & procedures support the diversity
- Open door policy - an environment of trust and mutual respect that creates a solid foundation for collaboration, growth, high performance and success to order to address the ever changing needs of global, diverse workforce and customers of Genisys Group.
- Flexible working hours – Caters to diverse individual needs & provides a way of recognising and accommodating individual circumstances without affecting business & customer requirements. An option available for the employee and the organisation to utilise the services of employees away from the work location due to personal/business exigencies.
- Sexual harassment policy - Sexual Harassment is seen as a very serious offence, which is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated. Consequently any employee who engages in such prohibited conduct will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Employee education assistance program – Provides an opportunity to employees to acquire skill related additional certifications to meet the ever changing Customer requirements.
Every person working for the Group has a personal responsibility for implementing and promoting these principles in their day-to-day dealings with customers, colleagues and partners.